The number 2 concern shared by our customers is hyperpigmentation, uneven tone and “age spots”. Let’s figure out what’s real, what’s not and how we solve this issue.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation describes flat, darkened patches of skin usually light brown or black in color and in various shapes and sizes. We commonly refer to this concern as “age spots” because they usually occur as our skin ages over time but time itself is not the direct cause. Common moisturization creams will not solve this skin concern.
What Causes Hyperpigmentation
Hyperpigmentation is caused by excess production of the pigment melanin in localized areas. This is a sign that something is wrong with our skin cell Melanocyte which produces melanin.
There are numerous causes of hyperpigmentation: hormone changes, endocrine diseases, certain drugs but for many of us, the main culprit is prolonged overexposure to the sun. That’s why we see more cases of age spots as we age. These spots may disappear over time for some but for most us, they are permanent unless treated.
(Note: don’t worry yourself silly regarding health effects of hyperpigmentation because, for 99% of us, they are not harmful nor are they a sign of a serious medical condition)
How will Saranghae Decrease Hyperpigmentation?
Until recently a chemical called hydroquinone were the only known treatments for hyperpigmentation. However, studies have shown that this chemical can produce MORE hyperpigmentation over prolonged use and has shown some nasty side effects.
Here’s the simple truth: Beautiful skin comes from healthy skin.
Healthy skin never goes out of style and it stands the test of time. Your Saranghae skincare routine will reduce age spots and keep them from coming back by promoting overall skin health in 3 core phases.
Phase 1: Clean + Repair + Heal
We cleanse all layers of your skin (the dermis & epidermis) of free radicals that lead to oxidative stress. This is important because oxidative stress is what causes the skin cell melanocyte to break down and function improperly over time. At the same time, our core nutrients start the healing process at the skin cell level.
Phase 2: Efficient Skin Cell Regeneration
We deliver essential antioxidants, amino acids, regenerative peptides, adenosine, hyaluronic acid and host of other delicious nutrients through natural botanicals directly to the skin cell melanocyte. In other words, we help control the overproduction of melanin that leads to hyperpigmentation & age spots.
Phase 3: Protect, Protect, Protect
We will help form a protective boundary around the outermost layer of your skin AND around your skin cells by strengthening the skin cell membrane.
Maintaining optimal skin cell health (melanocyte) is far more effective than always trying to fix problems.
You will see a very noticeable reduction in hyperpigmentation within 45 days.
1) Complete 5-Step Routine
2) Perfect Balance Toner (for pH control)
3) Pore Refining Charcoal Mask (deep pore cleansing)
10 Botanical Ingredients for Hyperpigmentation
Sang Hwang mushroom
• Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties.
• Contains Vitamins A, B, C, D, E & K. Shows better anti-aging benefits than Retinol or Retin-A
• Called the “healing mushroom” in Korea
Korean Marigold Flower
• Reduce redness, irritation and reduces acne breakouts while delivering incredibly soft skin
• High anti-inflammatory and anti-parasitic properties. Calms skin from inflammation
• Absorbs impurities & clogged oils from pores. Minimizes the size of pores
• Calms acne prone skin. Essential amino acids and vitamins to revitalize healthy skin cells.
• Soothes inflamed, sensitive and irritated skin.
• The calming influence on the skin, helps our body adapt to stress and restore healthy pH balance.
• Helps heal and regenerate healthy skin cells (i.e. melanocyte)
• Reduces hyperpigmentation and formation of new age spots by controlling melanin production
• Abundant in high potency antioxidants that help reduce skin cell damage due to oxidative stress and free radicals
Formulated For 6 Core Skin Types
• Acne Prone